Caring for the needs
of your special eyes!
At EYE CARE Specialists, the safety and well-being of our patients and staff is a top priority. As your eye care providers, we remain committed to delivering the vital services you need while helping to protect the health of the communities we serve. Please know that we are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation and have precautions in place while treating urgent/emergent conditions at our medical facility.
NEW FACE MASK POLICY EFFECTIVE MAY 17
Since the COVID-19 vaccine has been widely available to the medical and general public, our new policies are:
- Staff members who provide proof of vaccination will no longer be required to wear a face mask.
- Non-vaccinated employees must continue to wear a face mask for the protection of patients.
- EYE CARE Specialists strongly recommends a face-coveringfor patients and family members who HAVE NOT been vaccinated in order to protect yourself and others.
- Please limit guests to one adult family member per patient.
Symptoms of Respiratory Illness:
- If you or your loved one have symptoms related to COVID-19, you will be asked to return home to help prevent the spread of illness.
Please inform the receptionist of your symptoms or known exposure.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO DECREASE YOUR RISK:
- Cleaning hands as usual with soap and water for at least 20 seconds between patients.
Disinfecting countertops, exam chairs, and testing equipment between patients with bactericidal/virucidal disposable cloths.
- Diligently cleaning surfaces including doorknobs, keyboards, tablets, phones, tabletops and anything touched frequently.
- Encouraging patients to sit 6 feet away from other patients. Our waiting room areas provide separations.
- Offering patients the option to wait in their vehicles and be called by phone when we can escort them directly to an exam room. Cell phone number and vehicle information will need to be provided.
- Providing hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes to patients upon entering and leaving our building.
- Requiring physicians and staff to wear N-95 masks if they come into direct contact with patients.
- Requiring sick employees to stay home and clinical staff to take daily temperature checks.
- Providing our historical payment plans for patients with financial needs.
We will continually evaluate and adapt precautions as this situation develops to ensure we provide the excellent customer service you know and expect of us at EYE CARE Specialists.
Eye Care Specialists is a medical practice of ophthalmologists and subspecialty ophthalmologists or “specialists.” Click here to meet our doctors.
This information should assist in the preparation for your first appointment at Eye Care Specialists including paperwork to establish your patient record and what tests and measurements may be indicated.