CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Our medical practice with seven offices in two states seeks an experienced individual to replace a CFO retiring after 16 years with our organization. The CFO is an integral member of the executive management team and assumes responsibility and accountability for the organization’s overall financial operations, policies, and accounting practices necessary for successful attainment of the company’s financial goals. This includes oversight of day-to-day fiscal management, patient billing and collections, budgeting, auditing, and tax activities.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes monthly financial statements with variances and year-to-date reports to also compare with previous fiscal year for presentation to medical partners
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts monthly in compliance with company standards for presentation to medical partners
- Prepares quarterly reports for profit analysis
- Implements established physician compensation plan
- Maintains standard benchmarking reports on financial and operational performance
- Prepares analysis reports as needed (cash-flow, forecasts, break-even analysis, budgeting)
- Ensures business office policies and internal controls are in place to facilitate a clean audit of practice finances
- Oversees operation of Revenue Cycle Management
- Optimizes the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiates appropriate strategies to enhance cash position
- Maintains Medical Properties and Equipment accounts and ensures assets and related depreciation are recorded accurately and in compliance with company policies.
- Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for cost savings, revenue enhancement initiatives, and productivity improvements
- Evaluates continuously the financial health of the organization to provide and meet short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Develops pro formas and projections for potential new business ventures or expansions
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related field with a major in Accounting
- CPA (Preferred)
- Ideal candidate will have 3+ years of financial management experience in a Healthcare setting
- Prefer 5+ years progressive experience in accounting or corporate finance with proven financial analysis skills
- Mastery of QuickBooks, Excel, and payroll software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinking, analytical, and judgment/decision-making skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with company staff and providers
- Exceptional organization and ability to multitask
Please send a resume and cover letter with salary history to:
ATTN: Stephanie Kasten, CEO, Exec. V.P.
360 South Mount Auburn Road
Cape Girardeau MO 63703
An Equal Opportunity Employer